Business Litigation — Business Formation — Business Contracts
Starting and running a successful business requires skill, stamina, and passion. Keeping a business running requires access to resources, including the guidance of a good business lawyer.
At the Overton Law Firm, our business attorneys provide legal counsel and courtroom representation both to Fortune 500 and privately-held businesses of all kinds. Each of our three attorneys possesses more than 20 years of hands-on legal experience in business law. Contact our Denver law office to schedule a consultation.
We represent clients in legal disputes involving:
- Breach of contract
- Unfair business practices
- Unfair competition
- Breach of employment contracts and non-compete agreements
- Other types of employment disputes
- Lease disputes
- Vendor or customer disputes
- Partnership or shareholder disputes
- Business dissolution
- Protection of Domain Names
Business Formation: We help entrepreneurs select the proper business entity for their type of business and risk tolerance level. Are you considering a business partnership? A limited liability corporation (LLC)? An S-corp or C-corp? We can explain the pros and cons of each type of business entity and help you choose the best type for you. We also prepare and file all required documents including articles of incorporations, bylaws, and partnership agreements.
Business Contract Law: The success of your new business will be dependent upon a variety of contracts that structure your commercial transactions. We advise business owners on all matters relating to their legal and commercial transactions, drafting:
- Operating agreements, corporate resolutions, and other corporate governance documents
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Vendor and customer contracts
- Independent contractor and subcontractor agreements
- Employment contracts
- Promissory notes and guarantees
- Commercial property leases
- Shareholder agreements
Business Dissolution: When your business has run its course, we can help you end a partnership or dissolve a corporation or LLC, resolving issues of money and control. Allow us to work with you or your management team to resolve your business concerns. Contact us to schedule a consultation. Call 303-832-1120.